I Hate Ice Levels I Hate Ice Levels

Jesus Christ!

Good game, I just hate it when you have to be pixel perfect with you jumps and timing.

Epic Platform Tutorial Epic Platform Tutorial

Cool tutorial!

However I have discovered (for you unfortunately) a bug! Jump at the wall at the end of the credits and keep holding down the jump button. You climb up them. Unless that was intentional? :P

TheShyGuy responds:

wall jumping is fun.

The Guardian: RPG The Guardian: RPG

I'm giving you an 8 because...

As soon as I saw the layout, I thought it had potential. However, when I began the game and explored the house, I went outside collision detections when I moved against the jar in the bottom left corner of the house.

But still, looks fun! I'm finishing a few cutscenes on my RPG and it'll be uploaded to NG soon. It'll be turn-based though lol.

the awesome platformer 3 the awesome platformer 3

Mental

But there's a bug. Level 2: Hold right after you get the speed upgrade from Level 1.
MuhahaHAHAHA EVERYONE LOVES A CRITIC!

But no, that's evil of me. VERY good game, good concept, kicked my arse, couldn't get passed the sinking white pillars in Level 2 lol. Damn speed upgrade...

Keep at it! :D

Metroid Maze Metroid Maze

I thought this was pretty neat!

I'm all for the gameplay of the game rather than the graphics so, yeah! I was using the mousepad on my laptop and died a couple of times lol. To be honest when I first played it, I thought it was gonna be another screamer maze because it looked like it.

James The Pirate Zebra James The Pirate Zebra

Cool little game :)

As you can see from the high scores, I played it a little hardcore lol.

How on earth do you get the Gold Giraffes!?

Newgrounds Rumble Newgrounds Rumble

Cool!

I've just completed Story Mode with Salad Fingers!

RPG Tutorial The Basics RPG Tutorial The Basics

Right, I'm gonna be a bit critical here

Now I'm VERY RARELY critical with other people's work, but here goes.

First off, I'm planning to make a turn based RPG in the style of FF1 in Flash, and this is NEARLY right up my alley, I'll give you that.

The thing is I'm used to learning through visual techniques, so SCREENSHOTS of what you're trying to explain would be a MASSIVE help (I have Asperger's by the way so please bear with me).

Also, sorry if I didn't notice (and maybe a bit dumb), but besides the attack and the health you didn't put any formulae of how defense and magic defense can be involved when the character and the enemy is attacking each other, because that would REALLY help.

When you mentioned to put movie clips and frames and so fourth, you really didn't mention VERY CLEARLY where to put them (well, thats what I think anyway, most people probably got what you meant anyway).

Forgive me, but what about explaining a bit of coding on how to trigger a turned based battle on a world map? An explanation on the use of tiles and also the Collision Detection would be nice too.

If you can explain a lot more in possibly another RPG tutorial WITH:

- Screenshots
- Bullet Points
- VERY CLEAR AND SIMPLE Explanations

then I'll DEFINETLY be following your tutorials in the future.

Overall, this was a VERY nice try, in fact I'll try and see if I can make sense from it by doing what you've said in this tutorial.

Rating 6, voting 4.

Staticblaze responds:

Screenshots. Okay, maybe next time.

And about the magic issue. YES! - That's what I forgot to do! It felt empty some how, but I didn't know. Thanks.

I don't really explain stuff that well, sorry. I think I actually did pretty well.

All that collision and other stuff will be in my more advanced tutorial coming up! So watch for it!

Okay, that was a huge review, and the most helpful one I've had so far. Thanks a ton! For the score too, you know.

Mr Fox Mr Fox

Niiiiiicce!

Dude, that was like playing a Mickey Mouse game on a GBA and watching an extremely old cartoon at the same time! Absolutely GREAT animation, well done man, voting 5 :D

Mr.Bean Soundboard Mr.Bean Soundboard

Mr. Bean rules!

I used to watch that every time it came on, the nuts it was! Yeah mate, this soundboard's great! 'NOOO, THESE ARE MIIINE!' lol, great, rating you a 10 dude. Liked the credits music and the mugshot of Rowan Atkinson.

'My flexible friend' lol classic

SharkStein responds: